Bluetooth speakers are electronic devices which have been gaining momentum because of their quality sound. Most of these speakers provide excellent clarity of sound which allows you to enjoy the music on a good mood. They enable you to connect to various music devices without using wires. They are also portable. Due to this, they allow you to listen to high-quality music wherever you are.
This article will guide you on the most important things you should know about floating Bluetooth speaker. It also covers some of the best floating Bluetooth speaker which are available in the market today.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Floating Bluetooth Speakers List
- Advantages of Bluetooth Speakers
- Disadvantages of Bluetooth Floating Speakers
- Differences between Bluetooth and Airplay
- Differences between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Speakers
- Bluetooth Vs Wired Speakers
- Connecting Bluetooth Speakers
- Uses of Bluetooth speakers
- Types of Bluetooth Speakers
- How Do Floating Speakers Work?
- WHY ARE FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER THE BEST?
- HOW TO SELECT THE BEST FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER?
- Top 10 BEST FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS Review
- ICE ORB Portable Wireless Floating Bluetooth Speaker
- Levitating Bluetooth Speaker – Floating Wireless Speaker – SciFi Baseball Speaker
- POWERHEAD Wireless Floating Sound 4.0 Bluetooth Speaker
- Levitating Bluetooth Speaker – Floating Wireless Speaker – SciFi Speaker
- ICE Harmony Floating Bluetooth Speaker, Champagne
- Levitating MUSIC ANGEL Best Floating Bluetooth Speaker
- Levitating Bluetooth Speaker, ZVOLTZ Portable Floating Wireless Speaker
- Fineway Portable Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Floating Sound X-1 Levitating Bluetooth Speaker
- Senders Levitating Bluetooth Speaker, Portable Wireless Bluetooth Floating Levitating Maglev Speaker
- WHICH IS THE BEST FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
Top 10 Best Floating Bluetooth Speakers List
Advantages of Bluetooth Speakers
- Portable –This means you can move around with them easily may be when traveling. You can connect them with your device without the use of wires; this gives you comfort when using them. Their portability is one of the features that makes them famous.
- Sound quality – They are well known for providing quality sound. You may not get any disturbance or distortion when listening to your favorite music. You can use them anywhere for example in parties or festivals due to this.
- Wireless – This is one of the most common features of Bluetooth speakers. You can move with it wherever you go without carrying wires. When you want to listen to music, you can just connect your device with a Bluetooth speaker. No plugging and unplugging of wires.
- It’s easy to install – These speakers are so easy to install and to connect to your devices such as your computer or phone. In some cases, you don’t even need to install. This makes them simple to use.
- Power saver – Bluetooth speakers, are environmentally friendly, and this saves power for you. When you want to save some power may be when you are out, you can opt to use them. They provide quality sound and saves power as well.
Disadvantages of Bluetooth Floating Speakers
- Power– They are not powerful as compared to other speakers. The sound produced is weaker and lacks the depth as compared to regular speakers.
- Compatibility – These speakers may not be compatible with some devices like most of the music players.
- Range – Your device should be 30 feet apart for them to function. This means it may not be possible to play music when you are in another room.
Differences between Bluetooth and Airplay
Bluetooth and Airplay are two wireless technologies which enable you to stream music from different gadgets. You can stream music from your iPad, phone or laptop to a wireless speaker. Airplay enables you to stream movies to your Bluetooth, Apple TV and you can also use it to create a tethered internet from your Android phone though it does not allow you to stream a video.
- Airplay is a system, which has been developed, by Apple and works over Wi-Fi. You can stream music if your Airplay enabled speakers and iPad are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Bluetooth is a system which was developed by Ericsson but is commonly used to connect different devices. It does not use Wi-Fi, but it transmits music from various devices.
- Performance – Airplay produces a better sound quality since it uses lossless compression when sending audio data, Bluetooth does not. You can get a higher quality sound which is not limited by wireless transmission anytime you are using Airplay
- Airplay runs through your wireless network. This means your iPhone can be in your pockets as you move around the house without losing connection. However, since Bluetooth does not require a wireless network, it means that it is highly portable. You can play music wherever you are.
- Airplay allows you to play using some speakers if you are using iTunes while Bluetooth limits you to a single speaker.
- Price– Airplay is more expensive as compared to Bluetooth speakers.
Airplay is good for people who are looking for a better sound quality and Bluetooth for those who require maximum portability.
Differences between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Speakers
- Wi-Fi systems are different from Bluetooth speakers. Bluetooth systems are preferred because they are portable, but Wi-Fi systems are meant for indoor solutions. They are usually installed permanently in particular locations.
- Bluetooth speakers often connect directly to the audio source and do not need any intermediaries. On the other hand, whole-house solutions need the Wi-Fi network to cover the whole room or area.
- Audio quality is better in Bluetooth devices than on Wi-Fi systems due to nature of transmission.
Bluetooth Vs Wired Speakers
- When making a decision on the best speakers between wired and Bluetooth speakers, you should consider the type of music or sound you prefer. If you like excellent music, wired speakers can be the best for you. Some music does not sound right on Bluetooth speakers, but if you like listening to music may be when traveling, then Bluetooth is the best choice for you. This is because of their portability.
- When using Bluetooth speakers, you don’t have to mind about any mess of wires. Also, you do not have to worry about large and heavy units. Instead, Bluetooth enables you to enjoy a small unit with a booming and loud sound.
- Unlike wired speakers, most of the Bluetooth speakers are waterproof. This means you can go on with your activities as you listen to your favorite music.
- Regarding cost, Bluetooth speakers are more affordable than the wired speakers.
- If you prefer different varieties of music, you can consider Bluetooth. Even if they do not produce the best sound, when you are outdoors it is hard to enjoy even the best sound since even the best sounds get lost in the open space. This also happens with wired speakers.
Connecting Bluetooth Speakers
For you to understand how you can connect several Bluetooth speakers at once, you need first to know how Bluetooth technology works.
Bluetooth works through radio waves, no wires or cables are required. The unit uses radio waves, and due to this, several Bluetooth enabled devices can be connected to one speaker. For you to connect, you should first ensure that you have turned on the speakers at the same frequency as the device you as using to control them. Bluetooth technology works on a principle of control; this means that a single machine or a primary device is the central unit. Bluetooth devices are thus connected to the main unit’s frequency. This is what makes it possible to connect several speakers to one unit.
Uses of Bluetooth speakers
- They give a good sound quality.
- They can be used as a speakerphone- You can use them to answer and end phone calls when busy with other things.
- Can be used for indoor and outdoor activities since most of them are portable.
- You can connect them in other devices using a SUB cable. This means you can play music from other devices.
Types of Bluetooth Speakers
There are different types of Bluetooth speakers which enable you to choose according to what you need.
- Bluetooth for the car
There are two types of speakers you can use in your car. You can make a choice between Bluetooth and audio speakers. Bluetooth speakers enable you to receive calls without using your hands even when driving. Audio speakers allow you to listen to your favorite music. The two speakers come in different models. When buying Bluetooth speakers for your car, it is important to do research first so that you can select the one that fits your needs.
Turtle shell 2.0 is a renowned speaker that works well in the outdoor environment. The speaker comes in different colors. It is usually covered by a waterproof case which protects it from any damage. The speaker contains Hi-Fi, and you can connect it to any PC, phone or tablet that is Bluetooth enabled. It also has an inbuilt microphone and a standard camera. It is one of the best speakers which you can consider for all your outdoor activities.
- Bluetooth speakers for iPhones
There are various types of Bluetooth speakers which you can connect your phone in the market today. These speakers are portable and enable you to listen to your favorite music wherever you go. Most of these speakers have a clip which allows you to attach to the backpack, belt or bag. They have a rechargeable battery and are portable; this enables you to use them in any place.
How Do Floating Speakers Work?
These speakers as their name suggests, they play music while levitating in the mid air. This may sound strange, but that is how they work. They are designed in a very creative manner.
These speakers have two elements, a levitating speaker, and a magnetic base. They are maintained in the air by a magnetic repulsion. Batteries operate floating speakers, and they use Bluetooth 4.0 technology. This makes it easy to connect them with a laptop or a Smartphone. Some of the speakers require time to learn how they work. In some, you may need to place the orb on top of the magnet until you find the best angle. There are also some speakers with built-in microphones features which enables you to answer calls while listening to your favorite music.
WHY ARE FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER THE BEST?
Floating speakers have been recognized in most of the innovations awards at tech conventions. They have also been preferred by most of the tech enthusiasts for these two reasons:
- Better sound quality– The sound produced by most of the Bluetooth speaker is not the best, and at times you may not enjoy the music. Floating speakers come with a better technology which gives clearer sounds and reduces distortions. They may not produce a high volume but considering their size and price; we can say they are good. If you don’t enjoy the portable speakers, floating bluetooth speaker may be the best for you.
- Floating speakers come with a unique technology which makes them fantastic. The first device had an orb speaker who produced a futuristic effect. The manufacturers worked on this and shipped with a better idea of creating several devices with the similar design. You can consider buying the flying saucer shaped speakers if you do not like the planet shaped speakers. Some speakers also have multi-colored LED lights. Floating speakers are fun to use, and they also have a good look.
HOW TO SELECT THE BEST FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER?
- Price – It is good to compare the prices of different speakers before buying.
- Design – Floating speakers come in various shapes and colors it’s always good to consider the color and shape of the speaker you would like to buy.
- Wireless connection – This is one of the most important features of any floating Bluetooth speaker. You should consider the signal activity area, most speaker’s ranges 10-30 meters. This means even if you leave your phone or PC in another room, the signal will still be sufficient. Your Bluetooth speaker should be able to support Bluetooth 4.0 which is more efficient as compared to Bluetooth 3.0 which is not compatible with some devices.
- Powerful battery – It is good to consider the capacity of the battery. Look for a battery that will give you at least 8-9hours of playback. You can also find solar charges when you want to recharge outdoors.
- Sound volume – You should examine the distance covered. A speaker, which covers a distance of 20-70 meters can be a good choice.
- Durability – Some of the floating speakers are a bit expensive, you should make sure the type you choose is durable.
- Ease of use – Some floating speakers like the orb are tough to put in the right angle. When buying, make sure the speakers you choose are simple to use.
- Weight – A floating Bluetooth speaker should be compact and lightweight and should fit in your palm. It should also be easy to attach to a mirror or a tiled wall. Some speakers come with elastic bands which allow you to fix them on clothing or a backpack.
CHECK AlSO: Best Bluetooth Speaker Under $200
CHECK AlSO: Best Bluetooth Speaker Under $100
CHECK ALSO: Best Bluetooth Speaker Under $50
CHECK AlSO: Best bluetooth Shower Speaker
CHECK AlSO: Best In Ceiling Speakers 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
Top 10 BEST FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS Review
ICE ORB Portable Wireless Floating Bluetooth Speaker
This is one of the best floating bluetooth speaker. It has a free speaker and a great design. It also has an incredible 360 degrees sound quality; this is due to its spherical shape which ensures that the sound can be heard at 360 degrees. The battery is also long lasting. It is small in size but it produced a great sound. Orb speaker gives a clear sound with no distortion no matter the volume. It can produce sound when being a standalone portable speaker or when floating on its base. It gives a bass sound. It has a passive radiator which gives a bass sound.
ICE Orb has a rechargeable battery which ensures that it functions for about 10 hours. You can recharge it through the base. When connected to a direct source of power, you can plug other gadgets through its USB port.
It also comes with a unique design. It has a standalone Orb and also a 25 mm thick circular base which allows the Orb to float. You can also connect different Bluetooth devices with it.
- It has a unique design.
- It produces a great sound.
- It is easy to use.
- The battery can last up to 10 hours.
- It has no bass response.
- It does not have speakerphone features.
Levitating Bluetooth Speaker – Floating Wireless Speaker – SciFi Baseball Speaker
This is the best floating bluetooth speaker according to 2016-2017 reviews. It produces a great sound; this is because it does not touch the ground which means it does not lose its sound due to vibrations. This makes it possible to produce a very clear sound.
It also comes with a warranty which means you can return it back anytime in case you are not satisfied.
The speaker is covered with hand-made stitches and leather. You can connect your phone or laptop through Bluetooth. It also enables you to receive hands-free phone calls when listening to music. You can also insert a memory card since the speaker has a slot for micro SD. Levitating Bluetooth speaker also has an electromagnetic base, magnetic baseball, charging cables and instructions on how to use.
- These speakers produces an excellent sound.
- It comes with a warranty.
- You can insert a memory card.
- They are a bit expensive.
Crazybaby L143 speaker has a large speaker which enables it to a loud sound and a subwoofer base. This speaker is ideal for people who like booming sound. It supports 360 degrees sound rotation. You can pair it with any device that is Bluetooth enabled including laptops, smartphones, and tablets. The speaker has a microphone that gives you a superb calling experience. Its app for Android and IOS makes the music fun and simple. It has built-in wireless features for charging. It has a Hi-Fi sound.
- It gives a quality sound.
- It comes with a microphone which gives you a great calling experience.
- You can listen to music in any angle.
- It is easy to use.
- It is a bit expensive.
The powerlead wireless floating bluetooth speaker comes with a unique design which allows you to enjoy your music. It also has a 3D surround music effect which is enhanced by its cone shape design. You can rotate the speaker in 360 degrees. It also comes with a warranty to guarantee high performance. The speaker has a built-in rechargeable battery. Metal haves should not place these speakers on a metal table because they do not receive effects.
- You can charge another device through the USB cable at the base.
- It comes with a warranty which means it’s a high-quality speaker.
- The speaker can be rotated at 360 degrees which mean you can listen to music from any angle.
- It does not produce an excellent sound when placed on a metal table.
Levitating Bluetooth Speaker delivers a great sound since it does not touch the ground. This means it does not lose its original sound due to vibrations. You can connect different Bluetooth devices such as smartphones, iPad, and laptops. It is build in modern technology. You can also plug in a micro SD. It comes with a high-quality system which allows you to play music at very high volumes. The baseball can work as a standalone Bluetooth speaker, and you can carry it without the base. It is covered with handmade stitches and leather. It also comes with a warranty. This means it is a quality product.
- It comes with a warranty, and in case you are not satisfied you can return it back.
- It produces an excellent sound.
- You can listen to music from a micro SD.
- It’s very expensive .
This device is unique from others. It has a stylish and elegant design, and when placed in a room it looks like it was also part of conception. Unlike others, it does not have the typical rectangular or circular shape. You can easily identify it. The speaker has two parts; a standalone sphere which floats on the air and a circular base. The standalone sphere produces sound, and it floats 10 mm from the base.
Most of the people may think that due to its unique design, it may not give the best performance which is not the case. This speaker delivers a very high-quality sound. The upper part moves as it plays the songs. You can listen to music from any angle as it allows 360 degrees projection. It comes with a rechargeable battery which lasts for about 10 hours. You can connect it with any Bluetooth enabled device.
- It is easy to use.
- It has a great look.
- It gives a clear sound.
- The battery can last up to 10 hours after recharging.
- It is a bit expensive.
Levitating MUSIC ANGEL comes with an inbuilt subwoofer. It gives a very clear sound no matter the volume. The device is dark and has purple accents which light up when the LED presentations are on. This speaker has an exotic look just like a circling planet when setting against the night sky. The contraption bends when it is not playing music. It is lightweight which means you can move with it wherever you go. It has touch screen features which make it easy to use. You can also receive or end calls. The speaker uses the Bluetooth 4.0 features which make it easy to connect to Bluetooth enabled devices. The battery can last up to 8 hours after recharging which makes it ideal for home gatherings.
- It has an attractive look.
- It gives a clear sound.
- It is portable.
- It may require some time to learn how it works.
This speaker is black in color, and it comes with a microphone which enables you to enjoy hands-free talks. It also has a 360 degree sound projection which comes together with a 5W Hi-Def speaker which produces a strong bass and a loud sound. This speaker also has a LED visual effect which makes your listening experience more enjoyable. You just control it with one touch when you want to play and pause music. You can also receive and end phone calls. The speaker is also lightweight which means you can move it from one place to another.
- It comes with a microphone.
- It enables you to receive and end calls.
- It’s portable.
- You may require some time to learn how it functions since it’s a bit complex.
This is a floating Bluetooth speaker which comes with the latest Bluetooth technology mainly the 4.1 form which makes it more advanced than most of the floating bluetooth speaker on the market today. You can connect it with any Bluetooth enabled device such as the tablet, PC or phone. It has a great design and offers a high-quality sound. The sound is usually radiated through the room; you do not need to adjust. This speaker is very easy to use. When turning the speaker circle on, you only need to press and hold the force key “C” for less than 3 seconds. After you have done that, adjust the Bluetooth capacity on your phone or tablet to match it with the speaker.
You can move it from one room to another without using wires since it’s portable. The sound is uniform since it gives a 360 degree sound projection. It gives a great sound no matter the volume or distance. The battery can last up to 12 hours.
- It produces an excellent sound.
- You can connect it to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- The battery can stay for 12 hours after recharging.
- You need first to learn how it works.
This speaker has an ergonomic, stylish design. It has LED lights at the bottom and orb. The base is magnetic; it is floating in the air 10mm from the ground. You can play music from any Bluetooth enabled device. The device is also multifunctional, apart from playing music, you can also charge several devices by using a USB cable. It has a USB slot at the base. It is built with Bluetooth NTC which enables it to connect with Bluetooth enabled devices. You can rotate the speaker at 360 degrees which means you can listen to music from any angle.
- It gives a futuristic feeling when you are listening to music since it floats 10mm from the ground.
- It gives a clear sound.
- It has a great design.
- You can recharge your phone through a USB cable.
- It is a bit expensive.
WHICH IS THE BEST FLOATING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
Levitating MUSIC ANGEL floating Bluetooth speaker are the best according to 2016-2017 reviews. They are high-quality speakers that can connect to multiple Bluetooth-enabled gadgets thereby giving you a great listening experience. They are compact, lightweight and have a nice look. They have a good volume which provides you with a superb stereo sound. They are easy to use and has a touch sensitive control; this allows you to use them with a swipe or a just a tap. They have a unique hands-free calling feature which allows you to answer calls by just touching a button. If you are considering to buy floating speakers, these can be the best for you. They have everything that you may require.
When shopping for floating Bluetooth speaker, you will come across so many brands on the market. To make sure you buy the best, go through the features as we have seen in this article then prioritize on what you need.
Most of these speakers have long lasting batteries which can last between 8-48 hours. You can also move with extra batteries when you are traveling. Another great reason why they are very common is their portability. Most of the floating speakers are lightweight which means you can listen to your favorite music wherever you are.
If you are considering buying floating Bluetooth speaker, you can consider some of those we have mentioned above. Just think of the features and then go for the one you think it would be the best for you.